This position is located in the USDAs Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO).Learn more about this agency
This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one-year probationary period. Category rating, veteran's preference and traditional rating and raking of applicants do not apply to this public notice.
- Leading, developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving processes and procedures to monitor the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the program segment and/or organization directed.
- Conducting evaluations of an IT program or its individual components to determine compliance with published standards
- Oversee, evaluate, and/or supports the documentation, validation, and accreditation processes necessary to assure that new Information Technology (IT) systems meet the organization?s information security/information assurance (IS/IA) requirements.
- Follow a systematic process to assess the ability of systems and networks to withstand sophisticated adversaries who have the knowledge of the architecture and systems that are deployed.
- Ensure compliance from internal and external perspectives; conduct assessment threat and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policies.
- Assess the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational situations.
- Conduct independent comprehensive assessments of management, operational, and technical security controls and enhancements employed within 2 of 5 or inherited by an information technology (IT) system; determine overall effectiveness of the controls.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials)
- Ensure that security design and cybersecurity development activities are properly documented (providing a functional description of security implementation) and updated as necessary.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582135200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.