THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Aircraft Mechanic, Position Description Number D1366000 and is part of the WY 153rd Maintenance Group, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
Its primary purpose is to inspect, repair, modify, and service aircraft systems, components, and assemblies, both on- and off-aircraft.
(1) Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling.
(2) Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment.
(3) May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention.
(4) Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required.
(5) Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582124400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.