The Integrative Health & Healing Staff Nurse (Holistic Registered Nurse) for the Whole Health Program at the Orlando Veterans Affairs Healthcare System is responsible for coordination of Integrative Health Components and expand choices offered to patients such as mind-body interventions, biologically based therapies, manipulative and body-based therapies, and/or energy therapies which are offered in addition to clinical modalities of care.Learn more about this agency
The Holistic Registered Nurse (HRN) is accountable for defined groups of patients. Position may entail other duties as assigned and travel to other campuses including Inpatient, CLC and Outpatient Clinic settings. The HRN meets acute and continuing care components for integrative health; formulation of local integrative health policies and procedures; expansion of integrative health therapies offered to inpatients and outpatients in addition to clinical modalities of care; Facilitator for the Integrative Health Committee; coordination of education and mentorship for Healing Touch practitioners; implementation of Healing Touch in clinical settings and documentation in the medical records; coordination of yoga programs and other integrative health therapies offered for inpatients and outpatients; develops integrative health therapies; and participation in VA sponsored integrative health conference calls and workshops. The HRN will serve as a Liaison for inpatient and outpatient care transitions.
Provides training and mentorship to direct care providers on the role of integrative health in the care of patients, staff and caregivers by:
- Developing, scheduling and providing training and in-services for staff.
- Mentoring direct care staff while they are providing patient care on the benefits and practical application of selected integrative modalities.
- Mentoring staff to gain advanced training and certification in integrative approaches.
- Serves as liaison with medical staff on the role of integrative medicine for staff.
- Provide in-services to medical staff groups as required.
- Produce and distribute regular updates on integrative health initiatives being implemented in the hospital to medical staff.
- Providing comprehensive evaluations of client's integrative medicine needs.
- Developing treatment plans to address identified needs.
- Providing integrative therapies as indicated.
- Maintains clinical records as outlined in facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain outcomes data as required by the Program Manager.
- Participates in hospital committees and meetings as requested.
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
- Additional duties as requested by the Program Manager/Nurse Manager.
Work Schedule: 800am-430pm with flexibility as patient care needs determine.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582093200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.