The Advanced Medical Support Assistant (AMSA) serves in the VA Community Care (VACC) team at the Fargo VA Health Care System. The VACC AMSA provides specialized and expert administrative patient support while working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery model. The AMSA works closely with clinical personnel to ensure veterans receive timely referred and scheduled care in their local community.Learn more about this agency
**AMSA's are eligible for the VA's Student Loan Repayment Program**
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates veteran appointments through community vendors utilizing guidance and direction from the veteran's care team
- Develops and maintains effective and efficient communication with the veteran, veteran representatives, interdisciplinary care team, VA medical centers and other agencies
- Assists other VA teams in understanding community care eligibilities in regards to the Mission Act of 2018
- Follows up with community vendors to ensure appointment completion and obtains medical records
- Processes incoming veteran messages through Message Manager and care requests through My Healthy Vet
- Participates in team huddles and team meetings to manage, plan and follow up with patient care
- Sets priorities and deadlines adjusting the flow and sequencing of the work to meet team and patient needs
- Enters appropriate information into the electronic record
- Manages patient systems to verify and validate accuracy and resolve issues
- Evaluates and triages scheduling to meet recommendations by clinician
- Ensures the integrity of various databases and data used in the management of administrative and customer service within the department
- Schedules appointments, including interpreting and verifying provider orders in accordance with VACC processes, guidelines and directives
- Communicates to the veteran any pre-appointment requirements or instructions
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
***Virtual may be authorized after 1 year of successful employment with the VACC department beginning October 1st 2020. Determination of Telework and/or Virtual will be made after 1 year of VACC employment.
***You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT REMAINS OPEN UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2020, WE WILL BEGIN SCREENING APPLICANTS ON NOVEMBER 9, 2020. WE WILL DO SUBSEQUENT SCREENING UP UNTIL THE ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSES AS NEW VACANCIES BECOME AVAILABLE.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581989400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.