Your pay will be adjusted to include an additional 4.40% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA).Learn more about this agency
This position is located with Chugach National Forest, Seward Ranger District in Moose Pass, AK. The incumbent serves as the Zone Ecologist for the Kenai Peninsula Zone of the Chugach National Forest.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Kevin Laves at email@example.com.See the Additional Information section for additional specifics about this position.
- Serves as the Zone Ecologist for the Kenai Peninsula Zone of the Chugach National Forest.
- Serves on interdisciplinary teams planning forest management projects to assess effects on ecosystems including providing professional ecological knowledge to development of hazardous fuels reduction and timber production projects.
- Writes scientific and technical reports, grant applications, scopes of work for contracts, National Environmental Policy Act documents, and accomplishment reports.
- Plans work to be accomplished by the unit, assigns work, and establishes quality standards. Assists supervisor with management of workload and assignments for field technicians.
- Prepares and updates a restoration and revegetation plan. Implements an invasive species management program and out-year plan through the use of a variety of techniques.
- Responsible for the database reporting of all botanical and ecological accomplishments through data collection applications, Geographical Information Systems, and accomplishment reporting software.
- Performs supervisory duties 20% or less of the time.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position to attend meetings, field site visits or training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581959400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.