Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Tucson, Arizona. Information about Tucson and the surrounding area can be found at https://www.visittucson.org/.
We expect to fill 1 vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Primary contact representative responsible for providing factual information to the public regarding the Bureau of Land Managements (BLM) multiple resource management programs and services.
- Provide information regarding public land and/or recreation resources (campgrounds, hiking, etc.) including map and pass sales.
- Provides general information concerning office operations to the public and others (orally and in writing); answers questions via phone, email or other to provide public support.
- Serve as collections officer and processes receipts and refunds.
- Performs general office clerical work including written correspondence, answering phones, maintaining office records and files, time and attendance, travel, and mail collections and distribution.
- Ensures proper application of Bureau policies and provides assistance to ensure that customer needs are met effectively and efficiently.
- Provides information on procedures to be followed in filing and processing of applications on the various uses of lands and mineral resources, including data and eligibility requirements.
- Research and respond to a variety of inquiries from the public regarding BLM programs, land status and ownership, recreational opportunities, mining claims, permits, and like issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581937700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.