The Outpatient RN serves as a role model and demonstrates leadership in core competencies such as personal mastery, interpersonal relationships, customer service, clinical skills, age-specific care, critical thinking, creativity, and organizational stewardship to provide personalized, proactive and patient-driven care to our veterans.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates advanced clinical knowledge in assessing planning, implementing, documenting, and evaluating care for a designated group of patients across the continuum of care: Recognizing the age related cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the adult and geriatric patient.
- Triages and applies a collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing, and resolving patient care problems.
- Collaborates with patients to assess and identify needs, issues, care goals, and resources in critical factors for achieving desired outcomes for discharge, post hospital recovery and health maintenance/wellness.
- Maintains professional knowledge and skills based on current evidence based practice.
- Demonstrates leadership by sharing knowledge with colleagues or students to enhance professional growth, development and practice.
- Promotes patient, family and team interactions and problem solving by actively participating in interdisciplinary meetings to facilitate collaboration and the achievement of identified goals.
- Initiates/actively participates in interdisciplinary opportunities to improve patient care at the program level.
- Applies critical thinking and analytical skills to identify barriers for optimal patient care delivery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday - 8:00am - 4:30pm, occasional weekend and extended evenings
Telework: Not Authorized
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
Relocation Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581895800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.