About the position:Learn more about this agency
This is position will be assigned to the Library on Malmstrom AFB.
This position is considered flexible. You are guaranteed 0 hours, however could work up to 40 hours per week. As a flexible employee, you are not eligible to earn leave or other NAF benefits.
The incumbent will be required to stand for long periods of time, bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, push loaded book trucks, and life moderately to heavy items.
NAF Malmstrom AFB
- Shelves books, magazines, and other library materials ensuring all materials are reshelved in correct order.
- Reviews the library collection to ensure library materials are maintained in correct order in their assigned areas.
- Checks condition of books in designated areas, removes obsolete/damaged materials for review by a librarian, and performs minor mending.
- Processes new, rebound, and reconditioned library materials for circulation and reference according to established procedures.
- Assists with annual inventory of collection, automated and manual circulation duties, registering and deleting customers, charging and discharging library materials, taking requests for reserves and interlibrary loans, and checking to ensure those requests are filled as well as with processing overdues.
- Explains library rules to users and ensures that users observe library rules.
- Assists users in locating books and information using the Integrated Library System (ILS), online databases and other Internet resources and on the shelves, referring difficult questions to lead technician or librarian.
- Performs routine clerical tasks such as answering the telephone, taking messages, and referring callers or visitors to the appropriate staff member.
- Assists in maintaining and updating library statistics and filing. Assists in office account duties as needed.
- Uses a variety of computer and word processing software to prepare, email and print a variety of letters, reports, memos, and other documents.
- Following established procedures, assists with the library procurement/acquisition process.
- Assists in implementing programs, publicity, and the marketing of library services.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10941100
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581893400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.