OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut-off date is 11/3/20. All eligible applications received by 11/3/20 will be reviewed and referred. Future cut-off dates will occur on 11/17/20, 12/8/20, and 12/28/20 and 1/20/21 unless all vacancies are filled prior to the last cut-off date.
All applicants may receive consideration for 3 months in period of eligibility from the date of application. If you wish to be considered after that period and the announcement is still open to receive applications, you must reapply to indicate your continued interest.
This Accounting Technician position is located in the VISN 12 Great Lakes Finance Service (GLFS) at the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital in Hines, IL.
- Reviews and approves requisitions for services, supplies, real property, equipment, and adjustments for all appropriations for the medical center.
- Researches all daily rejects for miscellaneous orders, service orders, contracts, A&E orders, receiving reports and amendments and makes necessary corrections.
- Audits payment documents received from vendors, employees, Beneficiary Travel, Patient Funds, and the Agent Cashier for correctness.
- Performs comprehensive audits, analysis, evaluations and related procedures for the purchase card system.
- Reviews records to determine accuracy of costing, timeliness of reconciliations, and appropriateness of purchases.
- Insures proper accounting procedures are enforced to accurately record financial transactions.
- Prepares written reports on the results of audits, reviews, and evaluations.
- Examines credit memos and reclaims from vendors to determine appropriateness.
- Directs and performs research of current accounts, historical data, and source documents to develop and explain detailed information not otherwise readily available.
- Reconciles and balances the Accrued Services Payable and Undelivered Orders Reports in FMS and IFCAP.
- Serves as back-up to the travel clerk performing system administration and technical support for the station's computerized travel program.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible: not available
Telework: not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Accounting Technician/PD14008A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581891100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.