DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled using Direct-Hire Authority (5 CFR 337.205) for this occupation.Learn more about this agency
This position is within the VISN 12 Great Lakes Finance Service. The purpose of this position is to perform
professional accounting work requiring the application of sound accounting principles, theories, concepts and practices.
- Conducts daily examination of various accounting transaction listings, cost reports, financial statements, project fund balances, and work orders.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of the total accounting system and of well established accounting principles, techniques, and regulations.
- Recommends adaptations to guidelines and procedures to control transactions of an unusual or complex nature.
- Directs the assignment of project and cost codes, accounting classification and file maintenance and provides information for transmitting data to appropriate offices.
- Assists in controlling financial operations by controlling obligations and/or expenditures within established limitations.
- Recognizes significant account variances and assists higher level accountants in the proper research and reconciliations.
- Manages summary cost accounts verifying validity and accuracy of accounting transactions and data.
Position Description Title/PD#: Accountant/PD13169A
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items such as papers and book.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581889500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.