About the Position: The Watervliet Arsenal is an Army owned and operated manufacturing center located in NY. It is the oldest, continuously active arsenal in the United States having begun operations in 1813.Today it is relied upon by U.S. and foreign militaries to produce the most advanced, high-powered weaponry for cannon, howitzer, and mortar systems. The Arsenal is the only location in the DoD that has a weapons research facility (Benét Laboratories) collocated with a manufacturing facility.Learn more about this agency
- Manufacture parts and completes items of equipment from raw stock of different kinds of metals, metal alloys and other materials.
- Perform work involved in the manufacture of items from castings, forgings, weldments and other fabrications through the use of machine tools.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, vertical and horizontal boring mills, bench, plain or universal milling machines slotters, broaching machines, grinders, thread grinders, radial drills and numerically controlled machine tools.
- Perform precision handiwork to finish, fit and assemble machined parts.
- Use various bench mounted and hand held powered and nonpowered tools such as files, drills, reamers, wrenches and buffers.
- Perform heat treating, soldering and welding.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581876800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.