This position is located in Gulf Islands National Seashore, in the Maintenance Division.Learn more about this agency
This will be a Career/Career-Conditional Full-Time appointment with no know appointment limit.
This job announcement is open to receive applications from the first 100 applicants. The job announcement will remain open until either the quota of 100 applicants, or 10/22/2020 is reached. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
- Performs basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, janitorial and masonry.
- Makes electrical repairs and trouble short electrical wiring, determines fault, replaces and/or installs controls, relays, switches, fixtures and wiring, measures, bends and splices wires, installs, adds replaces and cleans faulty plumbing and fixtures, operates or maintains a variety or automatic manually controlled pumps, performs carpentry repairs and construction of new and existing structures, paints various structures (interior and exterior), completes small concrete projects, cleans comfort stations and campgrounds. Uses personal computer to document work order requests, time and material costs from written work orders into databases.
- Supports the park unity using Facilities Management Software System (FMSS) to initiate, perform, and track labor and materials used for work orders.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as backhoe, bobcats, forklifts, small tractors, trimmers, chainsaws, pressure washers, and aerial lift equipment as well as the basic tools of the carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and cement work trades.
- Cleans visitor use buildings, offices, or comfort stations (e.g., toilets, floors, and garbage cans). Picks up litter from park grounds, trails, or roadsides and deposit material in dumpsters. Cleans and services chemical toilets, restrooms, or other campground or visitor facilities. Uses biohazards and chemicals following proper safety precautions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581874300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.