Due to the Pandemic, and individual states with different phases of reopening, the selectee’s report date to the official duty station/facility may be delayed until such time as employees are allowed to report to the workplace. The person selected may telework up to the maximum extent possible, up to and including full time, until it is safe to relocate.Learn more about this agency
The IT Specialist (Application Software) will administer, develop, deliver, and support information technology (IT) systems and services. Will be knowledgeable of IT principles, concepts, and methods; e.g., data storage, software applications, and networking.
Work in the Technical Category at this pay band is characterized by such assignments as:
- Collects, records and analyzes data/information; identifies problems; and performs analysis.
- Plans and carries out projects for collecting detailed data or information from primary sources. Such projects are typically a part of a large and continuing program. Plans and analyzes data. May suggest data sources and prepare interpretive reports of limited scope.
Characteristic information technology assignments in the Application Software specialization at this pay band include:
- Provides technical guidance in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining standard programs.
- Translates and interprets easily defined functional requirements.
- Applies computer assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to the design and development process.
- Tests, installs, implements, documents, and maintains standard software.
- Maintains source code and modifies and upgrades code as necessary.
- Participates in efforts to enhance software reliability through discussions of enhanced application design methodologies; e.g. Capability Maturity Model (CMM).
- Updates standards used to develop object-oriented graphical user interfaces.
- Applies standards to the design, development, and integration of new reusable systems components.
Typical assignments include designing, developing and maintaining information system(s) that execute in a client-server or Web based environment that utilizing Oracle 12c database, ensuring that project and agency standards are addressed, including various industry standard, such as ISO 20000 and/or ISO 9000:2001. Also requires knowledge and experience with a variety of operating systems, web browsers, and miscellaneous software tools These technologies may include but are not limited to JDeveloper, XML Publisher, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Java, Structured Query Language (SOL), Oracle Stored Procedure (PL/SQL), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Demonstrates some independence in planning lime and using assigned resources to accomplish assignments and small projects. Research and analysis is required to translate timekeeping rules and regulations, departmental policy and labor distribution reporting practices and policies changes from functional requirements into technical requirements. Coordinates the implementation of internal/external interfaces. Provides technical support for site preparation, training, and post implementation user support.
Contacts are primarily internal to the organizational unit with some contact with customers and external organizations. Contacts are typically intended to share information, provide data, and/or written analyses, or to discuss the status of assignments. Work is reviewed periodically during assignments and al completion to ensure timeliness and technical compliance with requirements of the project or other work activity.
Established policies/procedures provide guidance for most assignments, but allow some discretion to select the most appropriate approach. Typically receives guidance on selecting approach from a manager or more experienced technical specialist. May provide recommendations to improve work processes. Frequently refers difficult problems and work issues to a manager or more experienced specialists when guidelines are not available or applicable.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581834300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.