The VHA has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation, which is a new model of organizing and consolidating essential HR functions and services to the Network level. This improvement to HR service delivery will best support the needs of the VISN's diverse workforce and the expectations of management related to the acquisition, compensation, retention, and performance of staff.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located within the VISN 7 Strategic Business Unit (SBU) for Recruitment and Placement. These are on-site facility support positions.
As a HR Specialist (SBU) for employee/labor relations, you will be responsible for providing quality customer and consultative service and expert technical advice and assistance to management officials related to employee and labor relations programs. The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Applying advanced HR principles, concepts, and practices related to all aspects of employee and labor relations programs.
- Researching and interpreting legal and regulatory program guidance to include case law, United States Code, Code of Federal Regulations, and VA Handbooks and Directives; providing technical guidance, information, and assistance to management and senior leadership officials on sensitive, serious, and controversial employee relations issues regarding employees in a wide variety of occupations with substantial differences in working conditions, entitlement, and occupational practices and policies.
- Administrating performance management systems which include employees covered executive and non-execute career field systems.
- Presenting briefings and/or training sessions to management pertaining to Labor/Management Employee Relation Topics (e.g. performance appraisals, disciplinary actions).
- Writing responses to grievances, unfair labor practice charges, contract interpretations or contract bargaining proposals on behalf of management; and conducting fact findings or types of inquiries.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, hours negotiable (subject to change based on agency needs).
Compressed/Flexible: Not available.
Telework: May be available to a highly qualified applicant.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Emp Rel/Lab Rel) - SBU/PD99976A
Relocation Incentive: NotAuthorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581827200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.