View Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), Health Services Corp.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This position serves the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Service Corps (IHSC). As a Medical Officer (Clinical Director), you will provide direct medical care and supervise the provision of medical care for detainees in ICE custody. You will supervise the Staff Physician (if applicable) and mid-level providers, evaluating patient care through an ongoing quality assurance program that identifies problems and their resolution, providing training and mentoring to health care staff, and to be directly involved with the evaluation and treatment of severely ill and medically complex patients. Duties involve working in concert with both facility staff and consultant specialists in various clinical areas. You will collaborate with the Deputy Assistant Director, Regional Clinical Director and other senior staff on budgetary and programmatic plans. Specific duties include:
- Provide specialized medical services to outpatients and provide medical care to inpatients in facilities with a short stay unit;
- Conduct physical examinations, initial and follow-up assessments for acute and chronic medical conditions;
- Examine and order appropriate diagnostic testing and provide necessary treatment and/or medications as required;
- Administer or direct administration of both curative and preventative inoculations; and
- Provide clinical oversight to ensure proper evaluations and treatments are carried out and documented, medical records are maintained properly, prepare reports, and actively participate in Health Services medical in-service programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581824500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.