The Northern Arizona VA Health Care System is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the Primary Care team! The LPN is responsible for observing, recording, and reporting changes in the patient's condition, as well as assisting in the development and revision of the patient-driven holistic care plan for life.Learn more about this agency
The duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs, reports, and records assigned nursing care in the Primary Care Clinics such as oxygen therapy, medication administration (if certified), clinical reminders with appropriate consults and alerts as indicated, etc.
- Makes observations and thoroughly documents care and patient's response
- Recognizes urgent or emergent patient care situations
- Prepares, administers, and appropriately documents actions taken specific to commonly prescribed oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and/or intravenous medications
- Works collaboratively with RN of team to complete 2-day follow-up discharge calls within stated timeframe
- Interacts and communicates appropriately with patients and family members
- Demonstrates understanding of age-population specific characteristics that affect the health care needs of the Veteran
- Provides patient's goals, provides patient and family health education, to include self-management, prevention and wellness
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives: NOT authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581818500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.