This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Mid Atlantic Health Care Network (VISN 6), Hampton VA Medical Center, Primary Care Service Line. The primary duties of the position are to assist the Chief of Primary Care, Assistant Chief and Administrative Officer of the Primary Care Service line and the staff by performing general office work auxiliary to the work of the Service Line.Learn more about this agency
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and some non-recurring correspondence, reports, and other documents and reviews and finalizes correspondence or documents prepared by others in handwritten and electronic drafts.
- Serves as liaison between management staff and supervisor by providing accurate, timely information and advice on procedures, reports, requirements, and other matters necessary to implement policies, directives, and instructions for the VAMC.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar, coordinates meeting arrangements and schedules meetings and/or conferences.
- Schedules appointments and meetings with prior approval for the Chief of Primary Care, Assistant Chief, and Administrative Officer of PCSL.
- Arranges for meeting space, speaker, and support arrangements for conferences and staff meetings.
- Maintains timecards for staff members under PCSL Time and Leave codes.
- Receives telephone calls and screens visitors.
- Provides general office supply and equipment support services such as procuring or justifying the full range of office services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Secretary (OA)/PD028620
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581797700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.