A recruitment incentive may be authorized for this position.Learn more about this agency
The position is in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), at the Northern Arizona VA Medical Center (VAMC) in the Primary Care Service Line to include its outlying Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) and Rural clinics. The primary purpose of the position is to lead and supervise Primary Care Operations within their assigned area of operation. (Prescott, Western geographic areas (Lake Havasu City and Kingman) or Eastern/Northern geographic areas (Flagstaff, Cottonwood, Anthem and Rural Clinics); also providing backup cross-coverage when required. The incumbent may assume supervisory responsibility or program leadership of other areas, services or sections as assigned by the Prescott Primary Care Medical Director and/or Primary Care Service Line Manager.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of medical operations within the clinical services under their responsibility.
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership and serves as an advisor to the Chief of Staff.
- Participate in activities/committees/board impacting patient care, Veteran access, staff performance and morale as assigned.
- Provide backup cross-coverage to the East and West CBOC Medical Directors, PC-SLM and other Primary Care managers or clinical staff as required.
- Responsible for establishing/managing/conducting Pay-for-Performance, OPPE, FPPE, and performance evaluations for those under their supervision as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring the staff under their supervision maintain required training/competencies in a timely manner.
- Provide direct patient care in outpatient clinics and/or inpatient wards and will participate in the on-call schedule if required, dependent on qualifications/expertise, and/or the needs of the service line.
- Effectively use current communication tools (email, instant messaging, etc.) to promptly respond to internal and external customer requests and lead communications within assigned services and sections.
- Responsible for ensuring services are provided in an efficient, high-quality, cost effective manner within the budget allocation.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, evaluation, disciplinary, and termination actions for assigned staff.
- Ensure a forum exists in which staff participate in identifying, communicating, and resolving issues related to local service line operations, overall health care system operations, ancillary and support operations and VISN or Enterprise wide mandates.
- Works with various stakeholders to ensure policies, procedures, performance goals, strategic plans and initiatives me communicated to staff and implemented.
- Review, interpret, and effectively uses performance reports, benchmark data, budget cost/expenditure documents, staffing, and other reports in decision-making.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and enhancement of relations with internal and external entities.
- Participate in local administrative, management, safety, quality assurance performance, and other assignments, meetings or committees as assigned.
- Travel to the various CBOCs and PTOCs in Primary Care may vary depending on the needs of the service line.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Federal Benefits for Full-Time Physicians:
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
- Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
- Pay for performance up to an amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
- Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education
- Liability protection for Federal Employees
- Retirement - Federal Annuity Plan
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581780400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.