This position is located within the Bureau of Economic & Business Affairs, Office of Intellectual Property Enforcement EB/IPE. EB/IPE is the State Department’s leader on intellectual property rights. EB/IPE represents American right holders, builds political will for the protection and enforcement of Intellectual Property rights globally and drives policy that advances American competitive advantage, innovation, and economic prosperity.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as expert and central point of contact for multilateral and bilateral issues regarding intellectual property (IP) rights policy and enforcement in their regional and topical areas of responsibility.
- Develops information, obtains clarification of viewpoints, and recommends a course of action acceptable to EB and the relevant regional Bureau on IP issues.
- Works issue areas pertinent to intellectual property enforcement in regional area of responsibility, maintaining currency on legislative and policy developments affecting the US Government’s stance and foreign government reactions.
- Provides written and oral presentations/briefings, position papers to foreign policy decision-makers on foreign affairs and recommendations on effective U.S. policy.
- Participates in interagency working groups and meetings. Represents the State Department at multi-lateral IP enforcement related venue.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581755900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.