Who May Be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
In this position, you will serve as a Supervisory Accountant.
Typical work assignments include:
- Managing and/or performing accounting reconciliations and other accounting analyses common to federal agencies including reconciliation between the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers/systems, research and resolution of suspense account balances, validation/verification of unliquidated obligations, oversight of transactions impacting the value of property owned by the agency, and evaluation of expenses stemming from agency operations.
- Overseeing commitment and obligation of agency funds.
- Overseeing centralized management of agency travel authorization/voucher review and approvals.
- Providing executive leadership in the financial management, consolidated reporting, and accounting oversight of CISA's finance and accounting programs and activities.
- Designing, implementing, and/or monitoring internal controls to identify problem areas, improve operating program effectiveness, and maintain the integrity of financial information.
- Developing and implementing performance-reporting requirements to measure the effectiveness of process improvement changes.
- Performing the full range of supervisory responsibilities for the work of the professional and technical staff assigned to the Division.
- Performing management responsibilities ensuring that subordinate position descriptions are designed and structured for optimum efficiency, effectiveness and economy. Keeps employees informed of management goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581743500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.