This position is located on a Forest Service Research unit and provides technical assistance to professional research personnel by accomplishing biological support work.Learn more about this agency
- Individually, or as a crewmember or leader, performs complex tasks in carrying out recurring wildlife-related projects, such as assisting in developing sampling methods or collecting field data on wildlife and vegetation.
- Collection of Data is for use by others in developing a variety of maps, management plans, and environmental analysis reports. Performs fieldwork associated with a research project on the status and distribution of fishers.
- This may include: the capture and handling of fishers, installing and monitoring camera stations, radio telemetry work, and helping with scat detection dog surveys.
- Ensures that a sufficient supply of reagents, standards and controls are available at all times by ordering an adequate supply from commercial sources or preparing a variety of specialized solutions or reagents.
- Using established procedures, calibrates, controls, and maintains a variety of instrumentation, laboratory, and field equipment.
- When calibration falls outside acceptable limits, incumbent uses independent judgment in adjusting either the procedure or the mechanical device used in the determination to bring the procedures into good quality control.
- Keeps accurate records and reports on the full range of research activities. Collects and performs a preliminary analysis of biological and physical data, including the inventory of habitat conditions and the needs and population of wildlife.
- Tabulates and orders acquired field data prior to computer analysis. Computes and summarizes data and prepares charts, graphs, and figures for data analysis and public presentation.
- Works with project collaborators and stakeholders in order to insure cooperation, research integrity, and the achievement of agency objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581739900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.