Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of Application Engineering & Development (OAED). The successful candidate will perform assigned duties as a Branch Chief within OAED. OAED is responsible for the full life-cycle management of the USPTO's products. This responsibility is guided by the agency's strategic IT plans and supporting technical architecture. Activities in this job include: Programmatic responsibility for the design of computer-based solutions consistent with USPTO System Architect guidance; construction or selection of software components necessary to support those designs; integration of software components; associated implementation support services; and post implementation support services.
The Patents System Division is responsible for the communications, collaboration, product management, basic technology practices/development/processes, resource management, and system/business analysis necessary to support buildable and testable requirements for delivering professional information technology services and solutions to the Patens Business Unit.
As the Supervisory IT Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating overall accomplishments of the Branch and identifying operating problems, conflicting priorities, program deficiencies and potential problem areas.
- Establishing revising, or reviewing policies and procedures to eliminating work problems or barriers.
- Manage product execution to develop, replace, and/or retire product components as determined by the business customer and the Division Director.
- Meeting with key customers and coordinating officials assessing customer satisfaction, explaining organization policy and procedures, and resolving significant problems that arise.
- Maintaining continuous contact with professional counterparts to insure awareness of new objectives, policies, and state-of-the-art developments affecting requirements for systems and networks.
- Participating with the Division Director in setting organizational goals.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581696200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.