This position is located in Region 6, on the Lookout Mountain Ranger District of the Ochoco National Forest in Prineville, Oregon.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as Fish Biologist on a Forest Service unit with responsibility for planning, administering and providing professional expertise and assistance in fishery resource management.
For additional information about the duties of the position, please contact Slater Turner at (541) 416-6448 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop plans related to the protection and management of aquatic resources, including fish passage, stream inventory, stream productivity, stream utilization, endangered or sensitive species, and habitat improvements or rehabilitation programs.
- Provide recommendations relating to fishery resource/fish habitat requirements, other management activities, including streamside/riparian area and watershed protection.
- Participate on or lead interdisciplinary teams, studies and plans proposed management activities, and coordinates and/or implements approved resource management plans that pertain to Fisheries Management.
- Consults with other Federal agencies, Tribal, and State wildlife agencies, and special interest groups with respect to the fisheries resource and other resource activities.
- Provides District oversight and coordination with the Supervisor?s Office (SO) for ESA Section 7 consultation activities for fish.
- Writes Biological Assessments (BA?s) for a variety of project types ranging from recreation projects to complex timber sales.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for site visits, field work, meetings and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581672600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.