This position is located in the Office of Audit in the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA). The purpose of this position is to serve as an Auditor in support of the assigned program area(s).
There is one vacancy in Atlanta, GA and one vacancy in New Carrollton, MD to be filled.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Conducts complex managerial and financial audits and special assignments to assess program efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with program laws, regulations and other provisions.
- Conducts valid and reliable research when analyzing internal and external information to assess risk factors and identifies high-risk areas.
- Documents in audit workpapers the results of audit review, using correct formats, including source, purpose, conclusion, and results.
- Identifies and applies complex specialized audit techniques to achieve audit objectives and identifies complex computer files and applications and uses them as required.
- Conducts effective meetings and conferences with auditees identifying innovative methods of presentation for the audience, e.g. multi-media. or other forms of technology.
50% or less - Six to ten days per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581666800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.