The incumbent will work in the Quality Assurance Department in the Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP). The Quality Assurance Pharmacy Technician performs a variety of tasks for improvement of workflow, work methods and priorities; assuring timely accomplishment of customer service workload within limits of available resources. Incumbent will assist in special assignment or projects as requested.Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answers inquires from Medical Centers to perform a variety of functions; cancel back prescriptions; track delivery status; verify fill status of prescriptions; assist in medication identification, takes reports of errors or issues for investigation by Quality Assurance Pharmacist
- Prepares preliminary reports for QA pharmacist from inquiries and errors reported on Quality Assurance web site; using appropriate information from a variety of sources. Assists in filing and record keeping of errors.
- Assists QA Pharmacist in preparation of reports, collection of data and other duties as required to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Assists in package recalls: inspecting packages/drugs, recording results, notification of Medical Centers and Veterans of possible drug errors.
- Answers questions from pharmacy and non-pharmacy personnel regarding drug distribution.
- Will work "unreleased reports" from Central Database to ensure timely processing of prescriptions and timely release of data to the Medical Centers.
- Assists in continuous quality improvement activities by participating in service process assessment and action teams and continually seeks to improve services.
- Interacts with procurement personnel to maintain efficient flow of pharmaceutical needs.
- May represent QA as requested to Technical Advisory Group Meetings, technician educational programs. conference calls, task force groups etc.
- Collects drug use evaluation data for Quality Improvement purposes.
- Complies with Safety, Occupational and Health Standards and Policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 40 hrs/week: Monday through Friday: Tour of duty based upon organizational needs.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/FS#: Pharmacy Technician-Quality Assurance/FS #00005A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581665400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.