The Iowa City VA is currently recruiting for 2 temporary Not to Exceed (NTE) 1 year Medical Technicians who will be assigned the Phlebotomy Department.Learn more about this agency
- Drawing blood from medical center inpatients and outpatients for requested laboratory tests;
- Blood drawing duties in a courteous manner;
- Instruct patients on proper sterile midstream urine collection, 24 hour urine collection, and collection of specimens for culture and sensitivity, ova and parasites, and occult bloods.
- Must be able to respond to, report and assist in emergency situations.
- Clerical duties such as answering incoming calls;
- Performing disposition of add-on orders;
- Preparing referral specimens for shipment;
- Reprinting, mailing and faxing laboratory reports to referring laboratories, maintain files of computer printed order entry forms, and ordering and distributing supplies.
- Accessioning and processing duties such as receiving all requests for testing into the laboratory, accepting or entering all requests into the hospital computer system;
- Receiving all samples for testing into the laboratory;
- Processing all specimens according to strict guidelines to assure specimen integrity; using and performing preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Technician/PD50456ACV19
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581620400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.