The incumbent serves as the Procurement Technician for the Research and Development office at the Iowa City VA Health Care System. The R&D office has the responsibility for planning, developing, and directing the administrative activities of a very large and complex R&D Program with an annual budget of over $11 million in all areas of research. The incumbent is responsible for performing a wide variety of procedural, technical and administrative work in support of the research program.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs work to acquire supplies, services, and construction for purchases under the micro purchase threshold that meets the needs of the research program. The incumbent will determine the appropriate procedures to use to obtain goods and services that will fill the requirements, meet the delivery schedule, provide the best price, and conform to acquisition regulations.
- Works closely with and provides support to the customer (research personnel) by obtaining the goods and services requested. The incumbent routinely notifies the customer of order status to include any delays.
- Purchases supplies using a government issued credit card in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Enters all purchases into IFCAP, ensures appropriate research investigator accounts are charged in WinRMS (research accounting system) and reconciles orders as they are completed.
- Ensures vendors are registered in SAM and assists with this process. Upon completion of the registration, the incumbent completes the vendorizing process in IFCAP.
- Verifies in WinRMS the availability of funds prior to any purchases. The incumbent ensures laboratories are not on the spend hold list prior to any purchases.
- Works closely with warehouse personnel to ensure equipment requests are processed to minimize downtime for the research laboratories.
- Receives the daily shipment of supplies
- Prepares all documents for submission to contracting for all orders above the micro purchasing limit
Work Schedule: The tour of duty for this position is typically Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Additional information may be provided during the interview process.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Procurement Technician/PD50168A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581609600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.