This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), Division of Systems Biology which is responsible for planning and directing research that is focused on utilizing multiple technology platforms for scientific application to questions that are in direct support of the FDA mission to protect and improve human health. .Learn more about this agency
- Plan and carry out research in the field of metabolomics and systems biology.
- Serve as an FDA Scientist involved in research activities.
- Collaborate with researchers within FDA, NCTR, analytical instrument manufacturers, biomarker consortiums and pharmaceutical companies.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to several temporary staff, postdocs, mentoring summer graduate students or training other scientists working on scientific projects within the Division of Systems Biology.
- Prepare scientific manuscripts combining metabolomics data with other endpoint data to be published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Investigate liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC/MS) based on metabolomics and lipidomics to discover novel and more effective biomarkers of toxicity induced by drugs or chemicals, biomarkers of diseases at different stages.
- Develop research protocols, and performs all phases of the research related to LC/MS-based metabolomics and lipidomics.
- Analyze experimental data and prepare scientific manuscripts combining metabolomics data with other endpoint data to be published in peer-reviewed journals.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581605900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.