THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Title 5), Position Description Number T5201P01 and is part of the IL USPFO, National Guard.
About the Position: This is an open continuous announcement. Initial cutoff will be 6 July 2021. Recruitment will continue through the announcement closing date until the position is filled.
As a CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Title 5), GS-1102-12, you will provide sound business advice in the planning and execution of pre-award functions, using a wide range of common contracting methods and contract types, to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction within an operational contracting office.
- Plan an overall approach to meet contracting program objectives for procuring a wide variety of requirements.
- Perform market research and analysis to determine the availability of the requirement, analyze market trends, commercial practices, conditions, and technological advances and determine the source to be solicited.
- Determine appropriate methods of procurement using a wide range of contracting methods and contract types.
- Select appropriate contracting approaches, techniques, and procedures to solve a variety of acquisition problems.
- Analyze contracting issues and recommend best course of action.
- Perform acquisition planning to develop market research, acquisition strategy, milestones, evaluation/source selection criteria, and/or incentive or award fee provisions, as applicable.
- Plan and carry out the work, selecting the approaches and techniques to be used, and determine actions to be taken on assigned contracts.
- Apply all statutory requirements including regulations, policies, procedures, business and industry practices, market trends, public law, case law, and precedents to all acquisitions.
- Ensure price schedules are properly structured, prepare solicitations, determine sources to be solicited, issue solicitations and amendments, and determine acceptability of offers based on an analysis of financial and technical information gained.
- Prepare final contracts to include appropriate standard clauses and special provisions, final pricing and payment terms, and incentives.
- Execute post-award contract performance management actions on assigned contracts.
- Monitor and evaluate contract performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts and ensure timely submission of technical progress reports and performance metrics.
- Make field site visits to detect and/or correct labor standards violations, take appropriate action to expedite delivery or performance when required by mission.
- Review contractor invoices for completeness, allowability, allocability, use of proper approved rates and conformance with contract terms and conditions, and approve/disapprove and certify for payment.
- Prepare contract modifications, administrative change orders, and supporting documents for all contract actions including termination.
- Determine liquidated or actual damages for nonperformance and/or recommend termination action.
- Review completed official contact files to determine that all contractual actions are satisfied, that there are no pending administrative actions to be resolved, and that the contract is complete in every respect and is ready to be closed.
- Provide business advice and guidance to technical personnel and others on contracting work and prepare correspondence.
- Provide advice, guidance, training, and assistance to technical or program personnel, functional commanders, and/or contractors on contractual language, legal responsibilities, and acquisition and business related issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581601800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.