The Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon reports to Dental Service at the Memphis VA Medical Center. He/she performs a full range of professional oral procedures in connection with the treatment of commonly encountered dental diseases or dental health problems requiring standard corrective, restorative, or preventive measuresLearn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
· The incumbent "encompasses the diagnosis, surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues or the oral and maxillofacial regions.
· The maxillofacial surgeon will deal with the lower two-thirds of the face, the lower portion of the orbital cavity, the maxilla, and the mandible
· Provides evaluation, diagnosis, and surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries and defects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity either in clinic or in the operating room setting, on patients assigned to him/her by the Chief, Dental Service
· Provides consultative services on patients referred from other sections of the Ambulatory Care Center and on patients referred from other VA facilities
· Provides emergency dental services upon proper referral from triage
· Provides a continuum of care for patients who are discharged from other VA facilities before their dental treatment is completed; 5)performs administrative and other tasks as assigned to him/her by the Chief, Dental Service
Recruitment / Relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (7:30am - 4:00pm)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581591000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.