This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration and is located in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Food Safety which provides oversight of regulations, guidance, policy, programs, position papers, and advisory opinions and recommends research priorities for issues related to food safety.Learn more about this agency
El Paso, Texas: $107,807.00-140,146.00
Houston, Texas: $123,957.00-$161,141.00
Phoenix, Arizona: $111,684.00-$145,187.00
- Provides scientific expertise and technical assistance to foreign regulatory officials, industry groups and members and subject matter expertise on production and handling practices of produce grown in Latin American countries.
- Identifies key international stakeholders and serves as an FDA point of contact to maintain channels of communications with local industry, academic institutions, foreign public health officials, and other parties interested in produce safety.
- Develops produce safety policies and compliance strategies impacting the policies and programs on foreign countries importing produce into the United States applicability and practicality of environmental implementation conditions in the region.
- Conducts international site visits and international on-farm readiness reviews (OFRRs) designed to aid produce farms in determining compliance with the various provisions of the Produce Safety Regulation.
- Develops and evaluates studies, and final reports related to addressing scientific knowledge for ongoing public health issues associated with growing, harvesting, transportation, and storage of fresh produce issues in the Latin American region.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel 50-75% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581583800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.