This position is located in the Service Management Office (SMO) Service Quality Management. The SMO provides oversight for all aspects of service delivery and improvement, including operations, knowledge, training, communications, tools and resources, shared staff, service quality and assurance, risk, and compliance.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles. Cybersecurity code: 431-Knowledge Manager, 801-Program Manager.
Open to current permanent employees of Service Management Office, station 103 only.
This announcement is non-bargaining and may close early once an adequate pool of 50 eligible applicants is reached OR in 3 days whichever comes first.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Virtual: This is a virtual position. Position can be at any VA-owned or leased space.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supv IT Specialist/ PD175130
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work, however, there may be some physical activity such as walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as papers and books. Occasionally there may be physical activity requiring lifting boxes of records or other items such as computer equipment. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.Major Duties:
- Directs and oversees the planning and execution of the Service Quality Management program.
- Provides expert technical and operational program oversight, guidance and direction to VA and OIT senior executive leadership on transformation functions activities, including technical requirements and capabilities, tools, standards, best practices, and training requirements.
- Manages the program in concert with subordinate supervisors to assign, direct, and review work performed.
- Direct responsibility for the efficient planning and operation of this program and develops short- and long-range plans with employees and/or contracted personnel.
- Identifies measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581580000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.