You will serve as an IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) in the S-6 COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT, DATA DIVISION of MARINE CORPS LOGISTICS BASE.Learn more about this agency
- You will ensure compliance with Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), Operational Directives (OPDIR), and Marine Corps Directives (MCDs).
- You will provide leadership, technical guidance, and thorough analysis in response of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, network traffic logs)
- You will create, modify, and ensure command Cybersecurity policies and procedures in accordance to DOD, DON, and USMC policies and guidelines.
- You will document and escalate incidents (including event?s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- You will use cyber defense tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity; and conduct security audits and inspections and provides audit/inspection results for compliance reporting.
- You will verify appropriate security tests and assessments are conducted and documented.
- You will serve as technical expert and liaison to law enforcement personnel and explain incident details as required.
- You will coordinate with intelligence analysts to correlate threat assessment data, and write/publish after action reviews; and coordinate systems administrators in monitoring the network for vulnerabilities and compromises.
- You will notify designated managers, cyber incident responders, and cybersecurity service provider team members of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event's history, status, and potential impact for further action.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581563400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.