This position is designed as a SES, Career-Reserved. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels. This is a position level two with a salary range of $175,501- $186,500 per year. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.Learn more about this agency
- The Associate Deputy Administrator of Veterinary Services (ADA) shares the responsibility for overall planning, coordinating, and directing national and international VS programs and related activities with the Deputy Administrator (DA).
- Works with the DA to translate the goals of the Administration and the Secretary into the effective strategic planning and implementation for the mission, goals and policies for VS programs.
- Provides leadership in the development of short- and long-range plans, identifying Departmental and Agency goals and objectives and anticipating future programmatic needs and requirements.
- Works with the DA to assess Agency and program information and workforce needs relating to VS program delivery and develops strategies and plans for capacity building, talent acquisition and workforce reskilling to support departmental needs.
- Works with the DA to select, control and evaluate VS investments to produce business value, reduce investment-related risks, and increase accountability and transparency in the investment decision-making process.
- Ensures VS business units and programs align with the implementation of APHIS and Department?s strategic plans. Leads organizational change and motivates managers to incorporate vision, strategic planning, and results-driven management.
- Aligns VS initiatives with a focus on improving the quality of services provided to stakeholders and increasing the overall satisfaction with a specific interaction or a service received.
- Collaborates with other Deputy Administrators and APHIS officials in coordinating activities to fulfill the requirements for integrated, customer-focused programs as set forth in broad agency and departmental planning systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581524200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.