There are multiple internship positions available throughout the state of Washington being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority. If selected, the actual duty location will be determined by the State/Selecting official. The available locations are:Learn more about this agency
Walla Walla, Washington
If selected you must report no later than June 2021 to begin the internship.
- This position is designed to provide a career-oriented introduction to the background, philosophy, concepts, and scope of the NRCS Soil Conservation Management Programs and a practical understanding of the policies of the employing organization.
- Assists in program and conservation planning for a variety of soil and water practices such as terraces, diversions, waterways, farm drainage systems, and others.
- Learns to perform surveys and set construction stakes for a variety of practices. May operate rod or chain or other specialized instruments to lay out simple practices.
- Assignments are developmental in nature and, in conjunction with formal education, the Intern will gain the necessary competencies leading to conversion to a permanent professional position in Soil Conservation.
- Work assignments are selected to ensure that the Intern receives on-the-job training and exposure to one or more program functions.
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of Soil Conservation and Biological Sciences.
- As training advances and proficiency is demonstrated, work assignment are increasingly more demanding, and are designed to provide experience in a variety of activities.
- On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Soil Conservation and Biological Sciences functions.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Natural Resource Conservation Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Is instructed on the use of personal computers, and file and data management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581500400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.