You will serve as a MARINE TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST in the Operations Division (N32) of CDR SEALIFT LOGISTICS CMD ATLANTIC.Learn more about this agency
- You will advise on merchant ship capabilities and limitations (e.g., ship configuration, installed equipment, capabilities) in support of fleet units or mission sponsors.
- You will maintain situational awareness of the ship's positions to provide assistance and mitigate the effects of heavy or destructive weather.
- You will monitor the operation of waterfront activities and assets (e.g., port control, service craft, fleet assets) to support port service requirements.
- You will establish transportation processes and functions to achieve improvements in the overall performance of ship operations.
- You will set milestones for accomplishment of port operation program goals and progress.
- You will explain site operations reports and the effect of alternative corrective actions.
- You will oversee cargo loading and advise Master of variations from tentative stowage plan.
- You will drafts/Formulates Sail Orders, Pre-Rep replies, logistic requisition (LOGREQ) replies as required for respective vessels within the area of responsibility.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581480300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.