This position is located within United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Field Organization, Midwest Area, NLAE, Soil Water and Air Resources, Ames, IA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a program coordinator managing various aspects of communications and interactions between partners and end-users of the technology and information. This involves facilitating information transfer to different audiences by arranging meetings and sharing information on climate impacts.
- Synthesizing climate information and developing insights into the effects of projected climate change and variability impacts at multiple scales for the Hub region.
- Delivering climate-informed decision support that enables producers and managers to adapt under variable and changing climate, and policy makers to explore potential agricultural impacts or disruptions of ecosystem services.
- Maintains and solicits information for the climate Hub website.
- Helps manage and coordinate partner projects including developing and monitoring project progress and deadlines.
- Coordinates and maintains Climate Hub relationships with stakeholders including Cooperative Extension, agencies in USDA Service Centers, NRCS State and District Conservationists, land managers, and other groups as necessary.
- Develops relationships with agricultural producer groups and attends meetings of agricultural stakeholder groups.
- The incumbent participates in the development of deliverable/outcomes on an annual basis as well as a five-year project plan.
- Synthesizes current information into a variety of forms eg reports, web pages, publications, popular articles to serve different audiences.
- Works with the Director in developing information in order to coordinate stakeholder meetings; and coordinates outreach meetings for the purpose of transferring information to a variety of audiences.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581479600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.