The Marion VA Medical Center, Primary Care Services is currently seeking a full-time Board Certified/Board Eligible Physician to assist in caring for our Nation's Veterans. This position is located at the Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Owensboro, KY.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose, treat and manage a panel of patients.
- Provide comprehensive patient-centered primary medical care.
- Identify acute/non-acute, chronic health problems.
- Use principles of risk management to identify system issues which impact patient care.
- Order and evaluate appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Adhere to clinical practice guidelines for patient chronic diseases.
- Conduct appropriate preventative screens and diagnostic tests.
- Provide appropriate disposition of identified health care problems.
- Participate in Primary Care multidisciplinary activities.
- Inform Veteran s to accomplish shared decision making in medical treatment/regimes.
- Demonstrate medical expertise in diagnosing and treating multi-symptomatic patients.
- Adhere to local policies, procedures and directives related to timeliness of documentation and encounters for verification of patient visits, findings and medical recommendations in the electronic medical record.
- Use Computerized Patient Record System to review and update patient's electronic medical record.
- Maintain view alerts.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm. May include extended hours or an occasional Saturday based on patient needs. Due to the nature of work, the physician may occasionally be required to stay later than 4:30 pm, as required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581477000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.