This position is located within the Imaging Service Line at the Iowa City VA Medical Center. Supervisory position is an operator of the super conductive Magnetic Resonance Imager (MRI), a highly complex computerized imaging device which employs the use of strong magnetic fields and radio waves to acquire images. At this grade level, it is expected that such assignments be unique, perhaps with expert specialization in complex areas of radiologic technology.Learn more about this agency
The Major Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee staff assignments, maintain a fair and equitable work distribution and call schedule, and continuously strive to improve procedures and patient care within the section.
- Responsible for the individuals within the MRI section of the Imaging service line. Resolves informal complaints of employees. Recommends promotions, reassignments, or other status changes of personnel.
- Provides direction of personnel and offers advice with handing unique situations.
- Ensures the monitoring of all activities within the MRI section and takes appropriate action as required to ensure efficient and effective operation.
- Regularly sets objectives for self, staff and the section, monitors and evaluates objectives in order to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Directs in service training, ensures staff maintains a high level of skill and meets a least the minimum level of continuing education required for certification and licensure,
- Works with AFGE on matters regarding action by an immediate supervisor.
- Participants in human resources matters regarding personnel actions.
- Monitor and improve procedures in the MRI department.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 6:00am-3:00pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581448900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.