Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority which is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school.Learn more about this agency
If selected you must report no later than June 2021 to begin the internship.
- This position is designed to provide a career-oriented introduction to the background, philosophy, concepts, and scope of the NRCS Range Management t Programs and a practical understanding of the policies of the employing organization.
- Assists in program and conservation planning for a variety of rangeland management practices such as terraces, diversions, waterways, farm drainage systems, and others.
- Assists in gathering and assembling preliminary data for use in developing and applying conservation plans.
- Assists with or performs a wide variety of rangeland management duties such as maintaining accurate field notes, preliminary drafting and sketch work.
- Supports the responsibility of recording of land features, assembling maps and aerial photographs, identifying and classifying plants, and other related work.
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of Range Management and Biological Sciences.
- As training advances and proficiency is demonstrated, work assignment are increasingly more demanding, and are designed to provide experience in a variety of activities.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Natural Resource Conservation Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Is instructed on the use of personal computers, and file and data management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581438700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.