You will serve as a SUPERVISORY INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPUTER SCIENTIST/GENERAL ENGINEER/OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST/PHYSICIST in the COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS AND NETWORKS TEST AND EVALUATION (T&E) BRANCH, INTEGRATION MISSION AND AVIONICS T&E DIVISION of NAVTESTWINGLANT NWCF.Learn more about this agency
- You will evaluate vulnerability, mission effectiveness and suitability for the intended mission thread and/or assess the ability of the system to meet warfare area objectives and systems of systems requirements.
- You will provide installed system ground and flight testing as well as constructive, virtual, and laboratory testing utilizing software support activities, engineering labs, software integration labs, and simulators.
- You will identify and implement ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to meeting branch goals and objectives.
- You will stop tests with recommendations for higher management review if unsafe conditions appear.
- You will provide technical direction and guidance, and perform final technical review on all aspects of communication systems, networks and associated mission computers, controls, and software to conduct Communication Systems and Networks DTE.
- You will act as a project or program manager for major system developments, the direction of technology-based research, or business initiatives which have the highest significance to the agency?s needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581430800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.