This position is location in the Agricultural Marketing Service within the Dairy Grading Branch. Supervisory Agricultural Commodity Grader (Program Coordinator) responsible for program direction and the planning, development, management, administration, and coordination of the dairy plant survey inspection program and the acceptance of the sanitary design of dairy processing equipment used in USDA approved dairy operations.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and administers a nationwide dairy plant survey program covering assessment of raw product quality, building facilities, processing equipment, operating procedures, sanitation, and quality.
- Technical expert in program development for the plant survey inspections and equipment review program.
- Monitors the plant inspection reports for uniform application of established guidelines.
- Consults with the Branch Chief, National Field Director, Field Supervisors and staff about status assignments for problem plants, and resolves industry complaints.
- Provides leadership in the development and administration of an international program for the review of dairy processing equipment for compliance with sanitary design and fabrication principles.
- Coordinates development of new processes, design innovation, and fabrication techniques relating to the acceptability of the equipment for use in dairy plants for USDA grading services.
- Serves as the Grading Branch representative in the development of 3-A Sanitary Standards for dairy processing and packaging machinery.
- Provides administrative and technical supervision to a team comprised of Agricultural Commodity Graders, Equipment Review Specialists, and Resident Plant Program Coordinators.
- Handles any employee conduct matters or complaints that arise.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel occassional for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581427500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.