The Tax Division Office of Management and Administration, Information Technology (IT) seeks a Supervisory IT Specialist (Systems Analysis) with a strong background in Agile methodology and IT-related project management duties, including directing, supervising the activities of the Application Development Software Development Unit by planning, leading, organizing and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as the Division's primary Supervisory IT Specialist for System Analysis. Typical work assignments may include the following:
- Supervises a diverse staff of technology specialists (e.g., System Analyst, Database Administrators, and Programmers). Plans and organizes work and project assignments to be accomplished by subordinates, including setting priorities, work schedules, and sequences in order to meet deadlines and ensure an even flow of work. Interviews candidates for positions, recommends appointments, promotions, or reassignments to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for consideration; and monitors and evaluates staff performance.
- Provides management and oversight for the Tax Division's legal case management system and related administrative systems; oversees programming and user support to ensure that they are continuously improving and meet the Division's operational and management needs.
- Uses an Agile methodology approach, responsible for blending traditional project management principles with practices and Agile project management principles and practices to resolve complex, mission-critical projects, requiring planning and providing the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Recommends changes or improvements in organization, work methods, policies, or methodologies when assessing the systems and operations in meeting established goals and objectives. Seeks out and implements process automation for a wide variety of repeatable tasks. Leverages cloud computing resources to streamline tasks, and/or reduce cost and risk.
- Responsible for process management and improvement by defining and managing a project management process and championing ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices utilizing Agile Project Management principles and practices.
- Recognizes patterns with work quality and quantity and identifies opportunities to improve both while removing barriers in an effort to deliver quality work product(s) in a timely manner to Tax Division customers.
- Provides verbal and written advice and information to employees and managers in order to resolve complex problems with IT systems; lead and/or interact with both internal and external stakeholders on IT software projects.
- Responsible for the management and administration of processes and tools that enable the organization to identify, document, and access intellectual capital and information content.
- Consults with customers to evaluate functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Manages the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of systems and components.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581401800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.