The Iowa City VA Health Care System (ICVAHCS) is currently recruiting for one (1) Full-Time Registered Nurse to work in the Mental Health Acute Inpatient Unit as a Charge Nurse . ICVAHCS is in Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) 23. The Charge Nurse Registered Nurse falls under the clinical pathway, as a direct care nurse, and reports to the Clinical Manager, Patient Care Services.Learn more about this agency
The Charge Nurse for the Mental Health Acute Inpatient Floor will direct and delegate patient flow and patient care assignments to nursing staff working on the unit, basing assignment decisions on acuity, care needs, staff availability, and their scope of practice,
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works with clinical manager to evaluate appropriate staffing ratios and overtime
- Performs direct patient care, as applicable.
- Keeps abreast of changes in VA care standards, policies, procedures, and national directives.
- Remains cognizant of improvements and/or declines in QI data and identify contributing factors.
- Follows established VA patient care objectives, quality improvement (QM) measures, meeting safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to new staff members and students.
- Places supply orders and consults per protocol.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, and workshops.
- Participates in performance improvement measures, nursing committees, and data collection
- Receives and provide accurate reports regarding activities of the unit and patient's condition.
- Consults with the clinical manager for planning, directing, and evaluating nursing activities, as well as coordinating potential admissions and discharges.
- Facilitates the interdisciplinary team meetings, collaborating with its members in assessing, evaluating, developing, and revising the resident centered treatment plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager or designee.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30AM - 4:00PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581398700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.