Learn more about this agency
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until June 30, 2021. The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be October 27, 2020, with subsequent cut-off dates on the 1st AND 15th of each month, referrals will be contingent on the availability of vacant positions). Eligible applications received after that date will be referred at regular intervals OR as additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are filled.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Interviews patient/family appropriately reporting concerns and needs and/or systems issues during preoperative assessment.
- Provides age specific care for adult and geriatric veteran population.
- Collaborates with physicians and ancillary services to determine desired postoperative outcomes; issues, and institutes a plan of care to achieve outcomes.
- Shares expertise with peers related to management of safe, therapeutic care.
- Anticipates emergencies, coordinates prevention and evaluates responses through critical analysis of patient situations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and/or required safety skills in the OR, and in the following: hazardous materials handling, equipment failure responsibilities, fire and emergency plan and utility response procedures.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for maintaining a productive working environment and manages stressful situations professionally.
- Provides and willingly accepts constructive criticism.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in completion of core and practice specific procedures/competencies according to the competency checklist for the OR.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00a - 5:30p (Four 10hr shifts and rotating on-call) (subject to change based on agency needs)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581393100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.