This primary purpose of the position is to supervise and manage program management staff, resources and activities for planning, program and project execution, monitoring and evaluation of major VA IT investments and initiatives. You will also be advising senior management regarding IT project planning, budgeting, acquisition, execution of projects and programs; and managing the development and maintenance of VA's operational, technical, infrastructure and application systems architectures.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Is Available
Telework: Is Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Program Manager/#18576A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary and does not require any special physical effort. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Employee may carry light items such as papers, books, and portable computer requirement. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations.
- Leads, coordinates, communicates, integrates, and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with agency or enterprise priorities.
- Oversees the development of detailed program/project plans, tasks, schedules, and ensures identification of required milestone dates through coordination with IT Project Managers and stakeholders, to ensure proper sequencing of events, work efforts, and resources to accomplish objectives.
- Oversees the selection and proper employment of tools and methods to track progress throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Provides feedback to VA leadership and stakeholders through appropriate reports, meetings, briefings, and information papers, both formally and informally.
- Evaluates the performance of direct subordinates and provides counseling, advice, and instruction concerning both technical and administrative matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581392100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.