As the world's largest finance and accounting firm, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) pays all Department of Defense (DoD) military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, and major DoD contractors and vendors. We take great pride in serving the men and women who serve America, and invite goal-oriented people like you to challenge yourself while providing a service to our nation.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as expert on all cybersecurity matters pertaining to the DFAS Common Control Provider -Core (DCCP-C) cybersecurity control set for DFAS.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance pertinent to CS program policies, guides, and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Enforces security policies and safeguards for systems including stopping system operation if warranted by the seriousness of security violations.
- Provides oversight for CS programs ensuring compliance with federal statutes and DoD/DFAS policies, guidance and requirements.
- Coordinates security actions with appropriate agency security staff.
- Manages the vulnerability and incident reporting process and is the central point of contact for all DCCP-C security incidents and violations for DFAS.
- Evaluates each security incident report to determine necessary additional safeguards, if needed.
- Plans, organizes, and determines scope and depth of system(s) and common controls which are largely undefined.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581376200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.