Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees; PPP DoD Military Spouse Preference Eligibles. Position is located in: Information and Technology Directorate, Accounting Services. This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- The purpose of this position is to provide support to a Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) organization in the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of information system security programs, procedures and tools.
- Develops guidelines, standards and analyzes DFAS financial and information technology needs with regards to Automated Information System (AIS) security issues involving system access.
- Build Userids, provides new passwords, trouble-shoots user accounts, resets passwords, and provides assistance to users experiencing system access problems and ensures continued user system access.
- Understands and carries out and controls procedures and software needed to meet system security and privacy requirements
- Promotes awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations? visions and goals.
- Develops and implementing programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT security services.
- Develops system compliance documentation and ensures systems implemented are in compliance with DoD and DFAS security policies and regulations, as well as DoD and DFAS financial management policies and regulations.
- Ensures that all IT system security incidents and violations are investigated, documented and reported.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581369000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.