Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees and eligible PPP Military SpousesLearn more about this agency
The General Schedule (GS) basic pay schedule may vary by geographic locality. To view pay rates in a specific location visit the Office of Personnel Management pay tables at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
Position is located in ZTECE. This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Performs the duties of a Information Security System Manager (ISSM); develops, plans, and implements the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Cybersecurity Program for assigned systems, serving as a security technical authority.
- Advises management on methods to maintain audit compliance for supported audit initiatives (to include Risk Management Framework (RMF)).
- Performs staff assignments related to project planning, monitoring, coordinating systems analysis and programming functions. Coordinates and conducts briefs, meetings and training sessions in response to mission needs.
- Provides technical analysis, review, and recommendations related to the development and execution of project charters, risk management plans, communication plans, procurement plans, staffing, work breakdown structures and project schedules.
- Identifies requirements, implementing and testing security technical standards for assigned technologies such as web applications, applications, databases, operating systems, security platforms and network devices.
- Identifies and implements remediation efforts as necessary. Analyzes identified vulnerabilities determining final risk severity level.
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports, analyzes results, and makes recommendations to management for changes/improvements to security configurations. Documents policies and best practices in support of Audit Readiness and security compliance.
- Applies knowledge of assigned technology and associated vendor patching processes and methods, and ensures timely and consistent patch management processes and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581368700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.