These positions are located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), within multiple Institutes/Centers or the Office of the Director. Join one of the 27 Institutes and Centers within the NIH. As an intramural Physician, you will be responsible for administering clinical, basic and independent research programs; analyzing, evaluating and generating scientific and clinical data; and conceptualizing new research direction and projects.Learn more about this agency
As a GP- 0602 Supervisory Physician (Clinical) you will:
- Provide guidance and supervision to staff to include the evaluation of work by subordinates, identifying training needs, adjusting priorities and hearing/resolving complaints of employees.
- Support and communicate EEO policies/plans and programs; make recommendations or counsel employees regarding appointments/promotions and/or administrative matters.
- Oversee workload and research priorities within the organization.
- Establish goals and objectives for the assigned research area and organize efforts to initiate pioneering programs and resolve critical issues involving accomplishment of the research.
- Actively collaborate in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of research and training programs, projects, contracts, conferences, and workshops.
- Administer clinical and basic research projects.
- Plan, organize, and direct research programs involving direct patient care using applied and/or basic research.
- Review, analyze, and investigate clinical trials, protocols, and the treatment of patients.
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret scientific and clinical data to prepare papers for publication and presentation.
- Conceptualize new research direction and projects.
- Create drug development plans, including Phase I, II and III clinical trials.
- Keep abreast of scientific and clinical developments through review of literature and attending professional meetings, conferences, and symposia.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581344200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.